Memberships for Educational Therapists
AET supports the emerging profession of educational therapy!
- AET provides a proud professional identity.
- AET sets the standards and defines the practice of educational therapy.
- AET encourages the highest level of professional excellence of its members through standards that support high levels of competency.
- AET disseminates information about educational therapy to the public.
- AET invests in the future of the profession and the practice of educational therapy through involvement in issues of professional interest and importance.
- AET lobbies for public funding of educational therapy and public policy issues that affect people with learning disabilities and other learning disorders.
AET members participate in an organization that maintains high professional standards in the interdisciplinary field of educational therapy.
Associate ET Membership
- First step on the pathway of AET's Professional membership track.
- Open to individuals who have met AET's basic professional academic requirements.
- Associate Educational Therapist membership is a interim, required step toward Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) membership.
- Dues $225 per year plus a one-time application processing fee of $35.00.
- Next step for Associate Educational Therapists.
- Newly approved Associate Educational Therapists may immediately begin meeting the Direct Service Hour and Supervision/Mentorship requirements for Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) membership.
- Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) members are considered full professional members qualified to practice independently.
- Dues remain at $225 per year; no additional application fee.
- Highest level of professional qualification recognized by AET
- Open to Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) members who have a Master’s Degree in a field related to educational therapy and have been ET/P members in good standing for at least one year
- Must meet additional requirements specified by the AET Certification Board.
- Open to students who can verify they are enrolled in a university or college program leading to qualification for Associate Educational Therapist membership.
- Proof of enrollment, in the form of enrollment documents from school, required. Copies of class schedules accepted.
- Online application available; must be followed up by supplying proof of enrollment within 30 days of joining. (Membership cancelled after 30 days if proof of enrollment not received by the office.)
- Student classification is good for two membership terms of one year each, after which new proof of school enrollment must be provided.
- Discounted yearly dues of $50
- Open to licensed professionals in fields related to education and educational therapy.
- Educators are not considered “Allied Professionals” and are encouraged to join either as Associate Educational Therapists or General members.
- Dues $150 per year plus a one-time application processing fee of $35
- Open to active ET/P, BCET, and Allied Professional members in good standing for at least three consecutive years who are retiring or significantly reducing hours of practice.
- May retain a maximum of seven private practice hours per week.
- Listed in AET Professional Directory
- Eligible to be included in online Referral Directory
- Reduced annual membership dues of $100
- Open to
- Educators who are not educational therapists but who have an interest in the field
- Parents who are seeking tools to assist them in being effective advocates for their children
- Others who have an interest in individuals with learning differences and the mission of AET
- General membership dues: $125 per year