Benefits of Membership
Assistance to Professional members in starting up and establishing a practice in educational therapy:
AET offers practical tools for Professional members who want to establish or improve the maintenance of their practices. Forms and model policies are available as is information about private practice insurance, and members may browse the Classified Advertising section for employment opportunities, office space, and educational materials. Also:
- Information and seminars about business planning and professional business practices.
- Sample forms and policies used in private practice.
- Listing in AET's Professional Directory, in print and on-line, used by AET members and public and private agencies for referrals.
- Group-based professional liability insurance for Professional members and Board Certified Educational Therapists (BCET)®.
- Study groups for continuing education, support, and building a network of professional contacts.
Assistance in expanding your knowledge base, keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field:
- Conferences, workshops, and opportunities to learn from experienced educational therapists.
- AET’s professional journal, The Educational Therapist, published three times per year, featuring articles by top professionals in educational therapy and related fields.
Your membership supports the emerging profession of educational therapy!
- AET sets the standards and defines the practice of educational therapy.
- AET encourages the highest level of professional excellence of its members through standards that support high levels of competency.
- AET disseminates information about educational therapy to the public.
- AET invests in the future of the profession and the practice of educational therapy through involvement in issues of professional interest and importance.
- AET lobbies for public funding of educational therapy and public policy issues that affect people with learning disabilities and other learning disorders.