Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET) Membership Level
Board Certified Educational Therapist membership is open to ET/Professional (ET/P) members who have a Master’s Degree in a field related to educational therapy, who have been ET/P members in good standing for at least one year, and who have met the additional requirements specified by the AET Certification Board. These additional requirements include completion of an additional 1000 hours of practice, submission and verification of a formal case study, and completion of a written examination on ethical issues in educational therapy. BCET is the highest level of professional qualification recognized by AET.
You may not apply directly for BCET Membership. Instead, you must first achieve Associate ET membership; provide proof of completion of the academic requirements, direct service hours, and BCET supervised hours leading to ET/Professional membership status; and maintain ET/P membership for at least one additional year.
Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET) membership benefits include:
- Use of copyrighted symbol BCET
- Recognition for having achieved the highest level of professional qualification in AET
- Opportunities to support and mentor new educational therapists
- Access to the member area of the AET website and to the archived Journals and articles
- Access to AET Study Groups
- A subscription to The Educational Therapist Journal
- An electronic copy of the AET Professional Directory
- Listing in the AET Professional Directory
- Listing in the AET Referral Directory
- Option of a hyperlink from the Referral Directory and Professional Directory to a personal web page
- Professional level discounts to AET events, including workshops and conferences
- Member prices at the AET store