UCSC SILICON VALLEY EXTENSION, SANTA CLARA, CA
Thanks to the almost daily advances in neuropsychology and the ongoing challenges for students with learning differences, it is a particularly exciting time for people in the field of educational therapy.
The UCSC Extension Educational Therapy certificate program, based in the heart of Silicon Valley, brings the latest developments in the profession to you in its comprehensive online and classroom curriculum.
Our certificate program, approved by University of California, Santa Cruz, as well as AET, is designed to meet the needs of classroom teachers, resource specialists, special education teachers, speech and language specialists, education specialists in various agencies and institutions, as well as counselors, therapists, and social workers.
Our students acquire essential research-based skills—course by course or in the full certificate program. They learn to:
- Use assessment tools and procedures frequently used in educational therapy settings;
- Understand challenges faced by students with ADHD, autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, nonverbal learning disorder, sensory integration disorder, fetal alcohol syndrome, oppositional defiant disorder, and other learning differences;
- Comprehend the theories, issues, strategies, and materials related to the assessment and instruction of students with reading difficulties;
- Apply strategies for helping students understand computation and problem-solving in mathematics; and
- Develop a business plan for managing their own clinical practices.