UCSC SILICON VALLEY PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, SANTA CLARA, CA
Your Success is Our Success. UC Santa Cruz Extension’s Educational Therapy certificate program is affordable and our instructors are working professionals.
The UCSC Extension Educational Therapy certificate program, based in the heart of Silicon Valley, brings the latest developments in the profession to you in its comprehensive online and classroom curriculum. Thanks to the almost daily advances in neuropsychology and the ongoing challenges for students with learning differences, it is a particularly exciting time for people in the field of educational therapy.
Our certificate program, certified by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), approved by University of California, Santa Cruz, as well as AET. Designed to meet the needs of classroom teachers, resource specialists, special education teachers, speech and language specialists, education specialists in various agencies and institutions, as well as counselors, therapists, and social workers.
Students who complete the Educational Therapy certificate program are eligible to be “fast tracked” for AET membership and may submit a copy of their certificate as proof of academic preparation.
Our students acquire essential research-based skills—course by course or in pursuit of a certificate.
UCSC SV Extension Educational Therapy Certificate Program Objectives:
- Use a strengths based model to work with individuals to achieve the best outcomes possible in academics and life;
- Use assessment tools and procedures frequently used in educational therapy settings;
- Understand challenges faced by students or adults with Learning Differences, Dyslexia, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder.;
- Comprehend the theories, issues, strategies, and materials related to the assessment and instruction of students with reading difficulties.
- Apply strategies for helping students understand computation and problem-solving in mathematics; and
- Develop a business plan for managing their own clinical practices.